« Back क्यू-1 वित्तीय परिणाम 2013-2014
PART I : Statement of Standalone Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter ended 30thJune 2013( in Lakhs)
|Sl. No.||Particulars||Quarter ended|
|Quarter ended 31.03.2013|
|Quarter ended |
|Year ended |
|1||Income from operations|
|(a) Net sales (net of electricity duty)||1561289||1646184||1595996||6431638|
|(b) Other operating income||4896||88725||20599||135755|
|Total income from operations (net)||1566185||1734909||1616595||6567393|
|(a) Fuel cost||942583||1038969||1059772||4101825|
|(b) Employee benefits expense||94250||98136||79372||336012|
|(c) Depreciation and amortisation expense||94233||102126||76022||339676|
|(d) Other expenses||97928||118434||94100||418150|
|3||Profit from operations before other income, finance costs and exceptional items (1-2)||337191||377244||307329||1371730|
|5||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items (3+4)||406884||465654||375528||1681888|
|7||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items (5-6)||345143||406537||325593||1489452|
|9||Profit from ordinary activities before tax (7+8)||345143||574948||325593||1657863|
|(a) Current tax||87115||126205||68232||368084|
|(b) Deferred tax||5326||10582||7494||27840|
|Total tax expense (a+b)||92441||136787||75726||395924|
|11||Net profit from ordinary activities after tax (9-10)||252702||438161||249867||1261939|
|12||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-|
|13||Net profit for the period (11-12)||252702||438161||249867||1261939|
|14||Paid-up equity share capital |
(Face value of share 10/- each)
|15||Reserves excluding revaluation reserve as per balance sheet||7214205|
|16(i)||Earnings per share (before extraordinary items) - (of 10/- each)(not annualised) (in ):|
|16(ii)||Earnings per share (after extraordinary items) - (of 10/- each) (not annualised) (in ):|
See accompanying notes to the financial results
PART II : Select Information for the Quarter ended 30th June 2013
|Quarter ended 31.03.2013|
|Quarter ended |
|Year ended |
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|- Number of shares||2061366100||2061366100||1278103220||2061366100|
|- Percentage of shareholding||25.00||25.00||15.50||25.00|
|2||Promoters and promoter group shareholding|
|- Number of shares||-||-||-||-|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-|
|- Number of shares||6184098300||6184098300||6967361180||6184098300|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75.00||75.00||84.50||75.00|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||1|
|Received during the quarter||1479|
|Disposed of during the quarter||1480|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||-|
Segment-wise Revenue, Results and Capital Employed for the Quarter ended 30th June 2013
|2||Segment results (Profit before tax and interest)|
|(i) Unallocated interest and finance charges||61741||59117||49935||192436|
|(ii) Other unallocable expenditure net of unallocable income||(37245)||(51873)||(40675)||(184180)|
|Profit before tax||345143||574948||325593||1657863|
|3||Capital employed (Segment assets - Segment liabilities)|
The operations of the company are mainly carried out within the country and therefore, geographical segments are not applicable.
1. The above results have been reviewed by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in the meeting held on 29th July 2013 and approved by the Board of Directors in the meeting held on 30th July 2013.
2. (a) The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) notified the Tariff Regulations, 2009 in January 2009, and First, Second and Third Amendments thereto in May 2011, June 2011 and December 2012 respectively (Regulations, 2009). In line with the Regulations, 2009, the CERC has issued provisional/final tariff orders w.e.f. 1stApril 2009 for all the stations except Talcher Thermal Power Station (TTPS). Beneficiaries are billed in accordance with the said provisional/final tariff orders except for TTPS where it is done on provisional basis. The amount billed for the quarter ended 30th June 2013 on this basis is 15,50,469 lakh (corresponding previous quarter 15,82,949 lakh).
(b) In respect of stations for which the CERC has issued final tariff orders under the Regulations, 2009, and Renewable Energy Regulations, 2009, sales have been recognised at 13,66,366 lakh for the quarter ended 30thJune 2013 (corresponding previous quarter 15,06,138 lakh) after truing up capital expenditure to arrive at the capacity charges. For other stations, pending determination of station-wise final tariff by the CERC, sales have been provisionally recognized at 1,62,005 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2013 (corresponding previous quarter 80,651 lakh) on the basis of principles enunciated in the said Regulations, 2009 after truing up capital expenditure to arrive at the capacity charges.
(c) (i) Sales include 20,072 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2013 (corresponding previous quarter 10,988 lakh) pertaining to previous years recognized based on the orders issued by the CERC/Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).
(ii) Sales include 8,110 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2013 (corresponding previous quarter (-) 5,881 lakh) on account of income tax recoverable from the beneficiaries as per Regulations, 2004. Sales also include 1,892 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2013 (corresponding previous quarter 1,189 lakh) on account of deferred tax materialized which is recoverable from beneficiaries as per Regulations, 2009.
3. Vide gazette notification F no.22021/1/2008-CRC/II dated 30.12.2011 issued by Ministry of Coal, grading and pricing of non-coking coal was migrated from Useful Heat Value (UHV) to Gross Calorific Value (GCV) based system w.e.f. 1st January 2012. The Coal Supply Agreements entered into by the Company were required to be amended to incorporate acceptable procedures for sample collection, preparation, testing and analysis, to facilitate such migration, which are still pending. The Company's Board of Directors approved payments to the coal companies based on the GCV based pricing system, and directed to frame modalities for implementation of GCV based grading system. Accordingly, modalities were framed to effect joint sampling and testing of coal at mine end/station end and future payments to coal companies. The above modalities were communicated to the coal companies w.e.f. October/ November 2012, thereafter the Company released payments on the basis of GCV measured at station end following the implementation of the said modalities since variation in the GCV of coal supplied and received at power stations was noticed. The Company regularly informed coal companies about this variation which has not been accepted by them. The issue has been taken up with the coal companies directly and through the Ministry of Power and Ministry of Coal, GOI for resolution. Pending resolution of the issue, difference between the amount billed by the coal companies and the amount admitted by the company amounting to 3,52,318 lakh upto 30th June 2013 has been considered as contingent liability with corresponding possible reimbursements from the beneficiaries.
4. The above financial results have been reviewed by the Statutory Auditors as required under Clause 41 of the Listing Agreements.
5. Figures for the previous periods/year have been regrouped/rearranged wherever necessary.
For and on behalf of the Board of Directors
Place: New Delhi
Date: 30th July 2013
(A. K. SINGHAL)