« Back क्यू-1 वित्तीय परिणाम 2012-2013
PART I : Statement of Standalone Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter ended 30thJune 2012( in Lakhs)
|Sl. No.||Particulars||Quarter ended|
|Quarter ended 31.03.2012|
|Quarter ended |
|Year ended |
|1||Income from operations|
|(a) Net sales (net of electricity duty)||1595996||1626356||1417149||6114489|
|(b) Other operating income||20599||9795||31942||90734|
|Total income from operations (net)(a+b)||1616595||1636151||1449091||6205223|
|(a) Fuel cost||1059772||1044295||974982||4163546|
|(b) Employee benefits expense||79067||89633||69072||309048|
|(c) Depreciation and amortisation expense||76022||73626||64113||279170|
|(d) Other expenses||94100||81154||86475||327521|
|Total expenses (a+b+c+d)||1308961||1288708||1194642||5079285|
|3||Profit from operations before other income, finance costs and exceptional items (1-2)||307634||347443||254449||1125938|
|5||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items (3+4)||375528||414440||322147||1403780|
|7||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items (5-6)||325593||365740||284715||1232616|
|9||Profit from ordinary activities before tax (7-8)||325593||365740||284715||1232616|
|(a) Current tax||68232||93233||81321||306848|
|(b) Deferred tax||7494||13163||(4184)||3395|
|Total tax expense (a+b)||75726||106396||77137||310243|
|11||Net profit from ordinary activities after tax (9-10)||249867||259344||207578||922373|
|12||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||-||-||-||-|
|13||Net profit for the period (11-12)||249867||259344||207578||922373|
|14||Paid-up equity share capital |
(Face value of share 10/- each)
|15||Reserves excluding revaluation reserve as per balance sheet||6504571|
|16(i)||Earnings per share (before extraordinary items) - (of 10/- each)(not annualised) (in ):|
|16(ii)||Earnings per share (after extraordinary items) - (of 10/- each) (not annualised) (in ):|
PART II : Select Information for the Quarter ended 30th June 2012
|Quarter ended 31.03.2012|
|Quarter ended |
|Year ended |
|A||PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING|
|- Number of shares||1278103220||1278103220||1278103220||1278103220|
|- Percentage of shareholding||15.50||15.50||15.50||15.50|
|2||Promoters and promoter group shareholding|
|- Number of shares||-||-||-||-|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||-||-||-||-|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||-||-||-||-|
|- Number of shares||6967361180||6967361180||6967361180||6967361180|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|- Percentage of shares (as a % of the total share capital of the company)||84.50||84.50||84.50||84.50|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||2|
|Received during the quarter||1399|
|Disposed of during the quarter||1400|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||1|
Segment-wise Revenue, Results and Capital Employed for the Quarter ended 30th June 2012( in Lakhs)
|2||Segment results (Profit before tax and interest)|
|(i) Unallocated interest and finance charges||49935||48700||37432||171164|
|(ii) Other unallocable expenditure net of unallocable income||(40675)||(35902)||(44626)||(175690)|
|Profit before tax||325593||365740||284715||1232616|
|3||Capital employed (Segment assets - Segment liabilities)|
The operations of the company are mainly carried out within the country and therefore, geographical segments are not applicable.
1. (a) The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) notified the Tariff Regulations, 2009 in January 2009, and also notified First and Second Amendment in May and June 2011 (Regulations, 2009). In line with the Regulations, 2009, the CERC has issued provisional/final tariff orders w.e.f. 1st April 2009 for all the stations except Talcher Thermal Power Station (TTPS). Beneficiaries are billed in accordance with the said provisional/final tariff orders except for TTPS where it is done on provisional basis. The amount billed for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 on this basis is 15,82,949 lakh (corresponding previous quarter 13,86,494 lakh).
(b) The CERC has issued final tariff orders for some of the stations under the Regulations, 2009. Sales for these stations has been recognised at 9,37,526 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 (corresponding previous quarter 8,37,612 lakh) by truing up capital expenditure to arrive at the capacity charges. For all other stations, pending determination of station-wise final tariff by the CERC, sales have been provisionally recognized at 6,49,263 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 (corresponding previous quarter 5,99,275 lakh) by truing up capital expenditure to arrive at the capacity charges on the basis of principles enunciated in the said Regulations, 2009.
(c) (i) Sales include 10,988 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 (corresponding previous quarter (-) 24,054 lakh) pertaining to previous years recognized based on the orders issued by the CERC/Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL).
(ii) Sales include (-) 5,881 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 (corresponding previous quarter Nil) on account of income tax recoverable from the customers as per Regulations, 2004. Sales also include 1,189 lakh for the quarter ended 30th June 2012 (corresponding previous quarter 893 lakh) on account of deferred tax materialized which is recoverable from customers as per Regulations, 2009.
2. During the quarter ended 30th June 2012, one unit of 500 MW at Farakka project and one unit of 660 MW at Sipat project have been declared commercial w.e.f 4th April 2012 and 25th May 2012 respectively.
3. The coal price notification No 222021/1/ 2008-CRC-UU dated 31.12.2011 issued by Ministry of Coal (MoC) proposed migration from Useful Heat Value (UHV) to Gross Calorific Value (GCV) based pricing of coal, and also increased the coal prices. This was superseded by notification dated 31.01.2012, partially rolling back the increase in coal prices. Various stakeholders including power utilities and Ministry of Power (MOP) have expressed concern on the switchover from existing UHV to GCV based pricing of coal, without having put in place the prerequisite technical and legal framework. The issue is under deliberation at MOP and Central Electricity Authority with MoC.
Pending resolution of the issues, stations are continuing to make payment and accounting of coal as per the pre-migrated system of UHV based pricing of coal and the difference between the amounts billed by the coal companies and the payments made/accounted for has been considered as contingent liability. Since, fuel cost is a pass through component of tariff, the revision of price will not have any adverse impact on the profits of the Company.
4. The above results have been reviewed by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in the meeting held on 26th July 2012 and approved by the Board of Directors in the meeting held on 27th July 2012.
5. The above financial results have been reviewed by the Statutory Auditors as required under Clause 41 of the Listing Agreements.
6. Figures for the previous periods/year have been regrouped/rearranged wherever necessary.
For and on behalf of the Board of Directors
Place: New Delhi
Date: 27th July 2012
(A. K. SINGHAL)