Scientific Support to NTPC Stations and to other utilities including international ones (on chargeable basis for external utilities)
Scientific support is provided in the areas of:
- Non destructive evaluation for health assessment and residual life assessment of plant components. NETRA has state of the art NDE facilities, expertise and provide advance scientific services to plants.
- Recommendations for chemical cleaning of boilers and condensers, development of procedure and supervision during execution.
- Corrosion analysis and control measures including following activities: corrosion audit, material selection, corrosion related failure analysis, acid dew point corrosion, design of cathodic protection systems, corrosion & fouling control of cooling waters, corrosion control of RCC structures, etc
- Development of specifications and application procedure for new and maintenance coatings on power plant components
- Support for analyzing boiler water chemistry and resin health analysis.
- Analysis of high vibration problem and In-situ balancing of rotating equipment. Natural frequency test of Generator windings and L.P. rotor blades.
- Detection of erosion and corrosion of LTSH/Economiser tubes.
- Oil testing of all transformers for predictive maintenance
- Advance failure analysis and root cause analysis of power plant components