Corporate Governance Awards
- NTPC MANAS request transfer system wins CSI e-Governance Award 2019 +Click for details
The MANAS request transfer system, an in-house development of NTPC (Developed by CC HR Team) won the Award of Appreciation (second highest category) at the CSI e-Governance Awards 2019.
NTPC is the only PSU in the awardees list wherein more than 100 nominations were received from reputed organizations like Excise Department - Govt. of Goa, Election Commission of India, NALCO etc. Shri Saurabh Banaudha, DGM (HR-Tech) received the award during the ceremony held at Bhubaneshwar by Shri Tusharkanti Behera, Minister of State (Independent Charge), Entrepreneurship & IT, Sports & Youth Services at Government of Odisha on 17th January, 2020.
The system was launched in December 2016 under the overall concept lead and guidance of Shri Saptarshi Roy, Director (HR).
- NTPC bags Corporate Governance and Sustainability Vision Award in CSR +Click for details
NTPC has been conferred with the Corporate Governance and Sustainability Vision Award 2020 in CSR category by the Indian Chamber of Commerce.
On behalf of NTPC, Shri M S D Bhattamishra, ED(CSR/R&R) received the award from Dr. V K Saraswat, Member, Niti Aayog.
- NTPC wins double honour at the Governance Now 7th PSU Awards +Click for details
NTPC has been honoured with two awards at the Governance Now 7th PSU Awards organised on 19th February, 2020 in New Delhi. The Company won ‘Employee Productivity (Financial Category)’ and ‘Digital PSU (Non- Financial Category)’ awards.
Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, Hon'ble MOS (HI&PE) along with Shri Shailesh Lodha, Actor (Taarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah serial) presented the awards to Shri A N Verma, ED (HR), NTPC.
Shri S V Srinivas Rao, GM-IT represented NTPC in a panel discussion on "IT innovation in PSU". The discussion was based on technology development & how CPSEs leverage emerging technology for enhancing productivity & sustainability.
Shri K M Prashanth, AGM (CC) also attended the award function.
The Governance Now 7th PSU Awards honour the efforts of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that have been key to the country’s growth.
- NTPC Awarded for RTI Compliance +Click for details
NTPC has been given SCOPE Award for RTI Act 2005 Compliance at SCOPE Meritorious Awards. The Award was received by Shri Gurdeep Singh, CMD, NTPC from Shri Pranab Mukherjee, President of India at a function held in New Delhi today. Shri Anant Geete, Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public enterprises and Shri Babul Supriyo, Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises were present.
NTPC has implemented RTI Act, 2005 in true spirit since its inception with a centralized system of dealing with applications, keeping with the spirit of proactive disclosure.
At NTPC, Corporate Governance is not merely a matter of compliance but inbuilt in the fabric of all Company structures and the flow of all processes as a means to improve efficiency, enhance stakeholder confidence.
Winners of SCOPE Meritorious Awards were decided by eminent jury under the Chairmanship of Justice R.C. Lahoti, former Chief Justice of India.
- Good Corporate Citizen Award for NTPC +Click for details
NTPC conferred Good Corporate Citizen Award instituted by PHD Chamber of Commerce , New Delhi. Shri Dinesh Agarwal, General Manager, Sustainability Development , NTPC received the award from Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on 26th November, 2016
- Corporate Excellence Award 2016 +Click for details
NTPC has received Corporate Excellence Award 2016 at the 16th International Business Horizon, 2016 held at the Amity University, Noida. The award was received by A.K. Rastogi, Executive Director & Company Secretary on behalf of NTPC.
- ASSOCHAM CORPORATE GOVERNANCE EXCELLENCE AWARD in “Listed PSU Category -2014 +Click for details
NTPC Limited has been awarded with “ASSOCHAM CORPORATE GOVERNANCE EXCELLENCE AWARD in “Listed PSU Category -2014” in recognition for the outstanding Corporate Governance practice undertaken by the company. The award was given away by Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister for Power, Coal & Renewable Energy at a function organized at New Delhi.
Shri K.Biswal, Director (Finance), NTPC received the award on behalf of NTPC.
NTPC was selected for the award after a detailed evaluation process done by a jury headed by Shri V.N.Khare, former Chief Justice of India.
- NTPC Awarded for Excellence in Corporate Governance +Click for details
NTPC Limited has been awarded with Golden Peacock Global Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance -2014. The award was received by Ms. Nandini Sarkar, Addl. Company Secretary on behalf of the Company. The Rt Hon Theresa May MP Secretary of State for the Home Department, Govt. of UK and Lt Gen J. S. Ahluwalia, PVSM (Retd), President, Institute of Directors, India presented the award at a ceremony held in London (UK) on 29th October, 2014.
- Golden Peacock Global Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance – 2009 +Click for detailsGolden Peacock Global Awards have been instituted by World Council for Corporate Governance.The award was received by Shri K. Sivakumar, Executive Director(Finance) and Shri A. K. Rastogi, Company Secretary, NTPC on 9th October, 2009 from Dr. Ola Ullsten, former Prime Minister of Sweden at London, U.K.NTPC Ltd. bagged the Golden Peacock Global Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance for the year 2009. The award was conferred at a special award function at the 10th International Conference on Corporate Governance organized by World Council for Corporate Governance.