A healthy population translates into a productive and healthy economy/society. As the old proverb goes “Health is Wealth”. Yes, indeed. With this quest, NTPC’s community outreach takes the form of providing access to basic yet quality infrastructure for health, sanitation and hygiene in and around our plants. NTPC’s own hospitals & dispensaries in its townships extend medical care & treatment to the local villagers.
As a unique initiative, NTPC has deployed custom built, state of the art Mobile Health Clinics to reach out and deliver primary healthcare to underprivileged sections of society in remote villages. The Mobile Health Clinic is manned by a doctor (MBBS), Nurse (GNM), Lab Technician (DLT), Pharmacist (D-Pharma), Project Co-coordinator (Post graduate / MSW) Multi-purpose worker (Computer literate & 12th pass). Out of doctor & nurse, one is a female.
Key Initiatives in health:
- Mobile Community Clinics- "Health on Wheels"
- Subsidized medical facilities to surrounding community at project / station hospitals.
- General / special medical camps and camps to provide surgical treatment.
- Health related infrastructure in neighbourhood villages.
- Support committed for development of King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam.