“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”. It is our endeavour to empower communities to have access to various means of livelihood as well as personality development. Our past experience has also taught us that constant career counseling, refresher training and confidence building workshops are critical to building a strong workforce as well. NTPC promotes policies and programmes that focus on enhancing capability, improving equity and increasing social sustainability.
Key Initiatives in capacity building:
- Udaan- initiative for training J&K youths
- Adoption of 17 ITIs. 24 new trades have been started and 1595 new seats added in the 17 adopted ITIs and 9 new ITIs being set up under R&R
- Vocational Training programmes like Web page designing, Computer training, motor rewinding, Motor Driving, General Electrical / Mobile Repairing.
- Support committed to Chanderi Development Society for Handloom Weavers for Common Facility Centre (CFC) in Handloom Park at Chanderi, District Ashok Nagar, Madhya Pradesh.
- Support for construction of school cum multipurpose buildings, furniture, lab items, girls toilets in schools, hostels etc